Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday was a fun day

Ok quick post then I have to go figure out what to do for dinner (because we ate what I planned for dinner at lunch and now sandwiches don't sound good to anyone...sigh!)

We went to church this morning at Heights Baptist in Richardson. We really enjoyed the service and the pastor was great. We took Emilie to the nursery which I dreaded all night last night and all morning because I had never left her with a stranger...NEVER! I was teary eyed but it went really well. They checked us in to their secure login...we had to show i.d. just to drop her off and pick her up which I loved! And unless your wearing a sticker that shows you dropped a kid off back there...well forget getting near their rooms! We took her to her room and introduced ourselves and they quickly snatched my little one from my arms and said she'll be fine...I about THREW UP! But she was fine, they sat her down and she immediately found toys. We wandered to get our complimentary coffee and donut for being a guest (well he did...I couldn't think about eating) and I quickly snuck back to her room to peek. She was fine, playing with what looked like a plastic bell pepper. They nursery attendant said she never cried, and apparently they usually do for a minute or two. We enjoyed the service and then I practically ran to pick up my baby. She was strapped into a four seater stroller and had just been for a ride, she looked very relaxed and frankly about to fall asleep. They said she'd done wonderfully, never got fussy but they could tell she was getting tired and noticed they had to keep her busy to keep her happy...yup thats my kid! My only frustration was that we picked her up with a very wet diaper and since I'd counted the diapers in the bag before we dropped her off I could tell she hadn't been changed. But it had only been an hour and a half...so I guess I'll let it go. It will take a few more nursery visits before I'm comfortable with the idea, but so far so good.
We made my grandmothers chicken spaghetti recipe for lunch after church, ran some errands, played in the sun in the baby pool out back, and relaxed to watch a movie while she took an afternoon nap. It was a great Sunday. Now I've got to figure out dinner, cut some coupons, and work on my current project. Enjoy your Sunday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment