Monday, July 25, 2011

Just have faith

I was taught another valuable lesson today...to remember to have faith! I woke up this morning feeling a little cruddy which is never a good way to start the day, my emotions tend to get the best of me when I don't feel well and then a series of stressful events entered the day and I started to feel the flood of anxiety coming over me. I let the worry take over and lost the sense of calm I've been carrying around over the last several months. You see...If you know me at all you know, calm and I don't typically go together. I'm high-strung, excitable, and a completely over the top worry wort! Its just me!!! I'd embraced that about myself until recently. Five months ago I was laid off. We were just starting to feel stable with hubby's new job and out comes the rug AGAIN! It's been one darn thing after another for the last several years so I'm not even sure why I was surprised when a new hit came. But instead of completely freaking out, I amazed myself and most people around me by how well I handled it. And somehow I've maintained a pretty good level of calmness regarding our situation since. But there are days when I just can't help it and the worry wort inside me wins and today was one of those days. I started going through the what ifs (NEVER a good idea) but in the end told myself to **after being reminded** that we are always provided for, that things always worked out, and that I just needed to have FAITH!!! Several hours after I calmed myself down, with the help of some amazing people in my life (I am not fool enough to forget to give credit where it is due, lol), I got an email that basically proved I was worrying prematurely. I found myself sitting at the screen staring...I truly believe that it was what my mom and I dub "a God thing" I was being reminded that I am not in control and that worrying does me no good, we will be taken care of. In that I have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment