Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy First Birthday baby girl!



I can't believe my baby is a year old!! Last weekend we celebrated Emilie's first birthday with family and some friends and it was a blast! She was a total ham once she warmed up and had wonderful time. The above picture is Emilie at her one year photo shoot with Bella Jewel Photography...it was a hot Texas afternoon but we got some AMAZING photos!

This year has been such a whirlwind of emotions and I don't expect that to change anytime soon, but regardless of the any stress we've experienced its been the most amazing year of my life. Emilie has completely changed me, changed everything I thought about myself...for the better. Maybe not for the "easier" but definitely for the better :) Tonight I watched her play in the floor and was amazed that this "big girl" was the teeny baby they put in my arms just over a year ago!! She has changed and grown right before our eyes...changing us along with her in the process. I'm grateful to say its not just me that has changed, she's changed her Daddy too...I'm so proud of the man he's become. He was a great husband before and I've always been proud of him, but the man he's become as a father is just incredible. I am so blessed.

We have my Mom in town since the party and we're having such a great time letting Emilie spend some time with her Grammie! It's very clear that Em knows who her Grammie is and LOVES HER!!! Very rarely will Em bail out of my arms for someone else but it has warmed my heart to see her on SEVERAL occasions bail out of my arms to get into Grammie's lap. They love to read together and giggle...I'm loving that she's getting the opportunity to enjoy her Grammie. I'm enjoying her too! I hope Emilie enjoys time with me 27 years from now as much as I do with my Mom.

In other news this week, we had an awful 1 year well visit!! They needed to do a blood draw and they tried twice and never found a vein on my little one. It was an awful experience!! And to add insult to injury when they finally gave it up they still had to administer THREE shots!! Needless to say we were all very upset. Unfortunately we have to go on Monday and have the lab try, I called ahead and found a woman who seems very confident that she can find a vein so I'm praying that its quick and painless!!!! We also started cows milk this week, we aren't replacing any nursing sessions yet, just introducing it. She doesn't hate it...but she doesn't get excited over it either, so we'll see how this transition goes. She's working on molars and they are NOT NICE! But she's doing as well as can be expected. Today for the first time she took only one nap and did very well...I'm trying to decide if its time to continue on that path and just move away from two naps now. I think she's more ready for that than I am!

Well...that's as much of an update as I can do tonight...battery on the laptop is screaming at me :) Sorry we go so far behind! See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment