Thursday, July 14, 2011

This chicken would rather be a Cheetah...

Or something fierce! I was sitting here thinking about the bundle of nerves and anxiety in my stomach and realizing again that I was having a chicken moment. I am so scared of change and even more of RISKS! I like things clean and safe and simple...why can't life be like that?! LOL. So I've decided I'd like to trade in my chicken wings for some fierce cheetah legs...I'd love to be able to make a decision and run like the wind, instead of second guessing myself every step of the way. But that leads me to remember that I need to rely on my faith, I need to trust that there is a plan for my life that is better than anything I can plan and that I can either cluck around in circles of fear like a chicken or paint my spots and run towards the open door. I read in a Ruth Graham book recently that when you don't know what your supposed to do, you should just walk through the open doors and when one closes you step aside and walk through the next open door. Those doors will lead you where you were supposed to go, even if you have no idea what the destination may be. (This is paraphrased of course). Several doors have closed for us in the last few months, but I can also look ahead and see that doors are opening. These new doors require taking a risk (which is the LEAST comfortable thing for me) but I have to trust that this door was opened for a reason and that there is something for us to learn by walking through it. So please pray that I can channel my inner Cheetah!!

On a totally different note my little love bug is getting THREE molars all at once and has really been suffering from them. She's been sleeping through the night for over three months and has woken up more in the night in the last week than in the last three months combined. I hate that she's hurting and wish there was more we could do to ease her pain...but also wish we could go back to SLEEPING!!!! LOL

Night All!

No comments:

Post a Comment