Monday, August 15, 2011

Sick babies

I think the worst part of parenting has to be watching your baby be sick and be completely useless in easing their discomfort. I'm incredibly grateful that the worst illness we've dealt with are strep, reflux, teething, or sinus infections, but even though they are minor illnesses...its still AWFUL to watch your child suffer. My little one has been suffering for ten days with a summer cold/allergies that eventually turned into a sinus infection. Watching her struggle to breathe while she eats or NURSES (yup...still doing the dreaded N word)is awful, it really breaks my heart. But the little piglet presses on, even though it takes twice as long and she's really uncomfortable she's doing her best to eat me out of house and home. Now if she'll just sleep tonight I'll be happy. Lastnight she had me up from 4:45-6:15am crying, it was pathetic...she didn't really want me, she just wanted to lay in her crib and cry. I felt so bad for her. I thought she'd take a great nap today but nope...40 min tops. Thankfully the Dr. felt like she definitely had a sinus infection and was able to start her on some antibiotics. I'm praying that this will finally bring us some relief. I am a little concerned that this is her second sinus infection...my Mom and I are both prone to them and I'm really hoping that Em isn't.

Even though she hasn't felt well for the last week, she's really been active as usual. She's perfected her walking and is everywhere! Today she walked all over the Dr. office and they ate it up...they chased her all over the place, sometimes I think they make me bring her in just to play with her, she gets lots of attention at her visits, lol. Not only has she perfected her walking, she's climbing!!! We have some chairs that apparently are reasonably low that she's figured out she can climb into. I think she's encouraging early graying with all her climbing lately. I'm terrified she will fall, but I did teach her how to safely get down and she's doing that well.

Last week I worked a lot and enjoyed it! I was doing some work that was fun to do which is of course the best kind of work. I had another meeting about other new work, but I don't think that will start right away -- and its not fun work, lol...I don't think. I'm hoping to get some more fun work soon :) I need to get my sewing machine out and do a couple of the projects on my list and see what comes of that. I've considered doing a few and putting them on etsy just to see...but I've been all talk about it for months and months. I want to actually do it, but just can't seem to get it done. I'm hoping to push it up further on my to-do list. I need something to push me to do it. Maybe an incentive. I'm good at working with an incentive hanging over my head, lol. I always give myself little incentives to do things I don't want to do. Have to go to a function I don't want to attend?? Ok...do it, but after I get ice-cream!!! Maybe my first step is to figure out a good incentive...then start my projects :) Now...what's a good incentive??

No comments:

Post a Comment