Monday, November 26, 2012

It's a miracle!!!!

My two year ate a sandwich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok...so maybe not a miracle to most, but HUGE for us! She is the pickiest eater! And while I say picky, there is a good amount of food she WILL eat. If its a fruit or vegetable she likely eats it. If it's cheese she eats it. If its meat your going to come up with maybe a handful of things she MAY eat from time to time. If its pasta she eats it. If its anything mixed together like a casserole or sandwich...FORGET IT!! She won't touch pizza, won't even try a bite. She loves a piece of bread, loves cheese, but you put those two things together...FORGET IT!!!

Last week my neighbor called to let me know she'd stumbled across a miracle bread. Her picky two year old had demolished a sandwich she'd made him using the new Pepperidge Farm Goldfish bread. She thought I should try it. Thinking that I'd buy said bread and end up eating it myself...I gave it a shot.

Today for lunch my picky Emilie at 1/4 of a cinnamon goldfish sandwich with cream cheese. I realize that sounds more like breakfast, but she's not a big breakfast kid so we usually stick to fruit and yogurt and well...we had to start somewhere and sweet was my best bet. Let me just tell you...She loved it!! She immediately took a bite (which if you know her, you know is huge. She won't usually even TRY a single bite of something she isn't pretty familiar with) and said "num num" lol. Over the course of the meal she took a total of about 5-6 bites which really was probably only about 1/4 of the sandwich. But she is only two, she was given lots of fruits and veggies on her plate as well, and 5-6 bites is 5-6 bites MORE than she's EVER taken before!!!! I am thrilled!!! I know... its a ridiculous victory...but this Momma's happy! SO...if you have a picky kiddo like me, TRY THIS BREAD!!


We got the white bread too and I'm excited to try it next! Maybe she'll eat a soy nut butter and jelly sandwich!! EEK!

Oh and P.S.-- Pepperidge Farm didn't endorse any of my above comments and I'm surely not being paid to compliment them...I just really was thrilled with this bread :)

No comments:

Post a Comment