Monday, November 26, 2012

The Holidays are here!!!

I feel like a little kid jumping up and down excitedly yelling the Holidays are here, the Holidays are here!!!!! I LOVE this time of year!! Ok, so maybe as an adult the financial stress of gifting the many people we love and physically attending/cooking/prepping for all of the festivities is a little harder than it is when your a kiddo just excited by the buzz in the air, but I like to see the best in things and do my best to make the holidays as special for my little family as possible. So I love it!!!

The day before Thanksgiving we had nice visit with my sister-in-law and her kiddos and made holiday treats. While these weren't nearly as easy as pinterest claimed them to be, we did have fun making them :)
You can find the tutorial here.

This year for Thanksgiving we had a first!! A first since we were married at the very least...we only attending ONE Thanksgiving celebration!!! And it was...AWESOME!!!! It was so nice to get up in the morning and head over to my Aunt's house to spend some time with our family. We talked and played and munched until it was time to stuff our faces. I think one of my favorite moments was watching my nearly 6' tall 16 year old cousin sitting in the floor playing cars with Emilie. She loved it and he is such a little kid in a big kids body that he really did too. I wish I'd taken a picture!! We all ate WAY too much and then after cleaning up the kitchen found a soft spot to rest a bit and visit. No one was running out the door on to their next event, no one was in any hurry, we just enjoyed each others company and it was fantastic. Probably my favorite Thanksgiving as far as I can remember! I have a lot to be thankful for and feel truly blessed that God has done some amazing things in our lives.

The rest of the four day weekend was exactly what it should have been. Equal parts laziness with equal parts productivity. Thanksgiving evening was pure lazy. Emilie had a late nap and then we had leftover pizza for dinner and just enjoyed being home together. It seems we don't get enough time like that. Friday we attempted to shop but were scared away by the lines so we hit the quiet Target and called it a day. We had leftovers for lunch and when Emilie went down for her nap the craziness began. I started dragging out presents and ended up wrapping gifts for close to 5 hours before we had the majority wrapped. WHEW! I am not looking forward to finishing the few I missed. Braden packed up the fall decor and put up the tree and then we took turns finishing wrapping and decorating for Christmas. Emilie has her own little tree to take ornaments off and on and then we have our big tree. No gifts under the tree this year, I re-wrapped far too many last year! Luckily we have some unused built in shelf space that perfectly holds all the gifts and still displays them nicely. Saturday was purely lazy...we accomplished little more than enjoying each others company and I'm happy with that. Sunday we did finish a painting project we'd been putting off, but we only finished a bucket of already opened paint and didn't even touch the several new buckets we'd purchased. We'll get there!

Here's Em with BOTH tree's. Luckily there is only one ornament holding her interest on the big tree and I was smart enough to put all breakable ornaments up high again this year.

And here's our mantle just because I like it :)



No comments:

Post a Comment