Friday, November 16, 2012

The difference in boys and girls?!

Last night I had an epiphany! Other than not remembering my pregnancy with Em I realized that part of why it didn't seem like I remembered these things is because most of them are new! This pregnancy is totally different from Emilie's!! I just kinda thought pregnancy was pregnancy...NOT!

First of all...with Emilie I started gaining weight from the second we conceived and over the course of the 37 1/2 weeks I continued to gain weight to a frightening total of 45 lbs!! Now I did retain a LOT of fluid with Em so I can blame some of that, but really...I just flat out gained weight and I'm willing to own it because I may have gained 45 but I lost 55 nursing and chasing a baby! But with this little guy weight gain has been MUCH slower. Slower to the point of being told at my 12 week checkup that I needed to be eating a few more calories. But don't worry...a girls trip with my Aunt and Grandmother and Halloween were in between the next appointment at 16 weeks and I'd caught up :) Still I've hit that point at 18.5 weeks where I'm virtually halfway there (a week shy if things go according to plans, we will deliver at 39 weeks) and I've only gained half of what I gained at this point with Em. I'm not complaining! I just find it interesting.

With Emilie I craved MY favorite foods. Watermelon --really ALL fruit-- but I would routinely buy a watermelon, cut it in half and sit on the couch with a grapefruit spoon and my half of watermelon, lol! I also craved CANDY!! Chocolate mostly! But with Landon I don't crave foods I even like?! I crave cheeseburgers, PIZZA, and sweets (not necessarily candy but sweets). Can I tell you who likes these foods??? MY HUSBAND!!! So this boy is forcing me to crave my husbands favorite weaknesses!!! How weird is that?? Now I have heard that boys make you crave salt and girls make you crave sweet which somewhat lines up, but this boy forces cravings that are my husbands exact favorite foods...its evil!

The only part I can't quite understand is that the food I ate with Emilie was much healthier for the most part than the foods I crave now (not that I always give in to the cravings but as I sat and ate a smore's poptart before bed lastnight all I could do was shake my head...I HATE THOSE!!) Yet somehow I gained easily double the weight with Emilie. It must be the fact that I am endlessly chasing and lifting a 30lb toddler that's keeping me in shape. There's definitely not the coming in and sitting on the couch watching bad TV with my feet up this round! LOL


-- On a side note-- We have family pictures in the morning with our favorite photographer and one of my best friends. Emilie's outfits are picked, Braden's are pretty much picked (need him to try them on and make sure the shirts still fit) but I just have a few ideas in my head for myself. She wants me to "show off the bump" so I have some things in mind but I've not finalized anything. Please send any spare vibes or prayers for my sanity and my closet as I try to figure this out before tomorrow morning! K? THANKS!!

1 comment:

  1. Like! and protein is good for the developing brain, and B is bound to be super happy that he gets his favorite foods more often!

    ReplyDelete