Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The many ways to say goodbye

I apologize now for my disappearing act after posting the Makeover!! It was amazing to watch the stats and see that people were interested! I promise to add more of our makeovers very soon.

The reality is that when we took Emilie into the Dr last week we left with a sinking feeling in our stomachs. Apparently because she was born breech she'd needed to have follow up care to check her hips for hip dysplasia, a condition that a large percentage of breech babies are faced with. We'd never heard this before! Our new pediatrician was upset that the follow up ultrasound at two months of age wasn't done, meaning simple corrective care (ie: wearing a harness over her diaper for a bit when she was an infant) would no longer be an option and we'd have to face bigger corrective care issues. That is IF a problem was found. She was also now too old for the ultrasound and would need an x-ray, soon. They wanted it done as soon as possible because the earlier we started treatment the better (again IF there was a problem found). While I knew Em had walked and climbed and all the other gross motor active skills right on time with little issue, I still couldn't get the possibility that she would have this condition out of my mind. It makes you sick to your stomach as a parent to think that something could be wrong with your child, and sicker to find out that it should have been addressed much earlier and wasn't. So I've been in a bit of a funk. And my Momma taught me if you couldn't say something nice...don't say anything at all. Thus my disappearing act while we got things figured out and our emotions under control.

Monday morning we went up to the hospital and went through the annoyingly long process of getting admitted, then waited for radiology to call us back. They realistically needed us to both hold her, but at 22 weeks pregnant I was pulled back into the safe booth with the technician. So Daddy had to do all the holding himself. The minute we laid her down on the hard table with the "big camera" over her head, she broke down. We tried telling her it was just a "big camera" to say cheese, but she just scream, "no big camera". Which isn't much surprise because she isn't too fond of a normal camera!! It didn't take long, just two positions and the x-rays were done. Mommy immediately reached into my purse for emergency M&M's I'd purchased in the gift shop before going in and filled her little hands with chocolate. The tears quit flowing after that...chocolate is magic after all.

Tuesday late morning we got the call...her hip x-rays were PERFECT!!!!!! Just as I deep down knew they would be. But what a relief to hear them say your child is fine. My baby girl is just as perfect as I always knew she was! Thank you Lord!!

So now we can get back to life, shake the funk and move on! We have lots of fun stuff happening this week! Tomorrow is lunch with Santa which will be interesting. This is last years Santa visit...
Not my best picture, I didn't realize I would BE in the pictures that day...now I know. This is her best, pouty-I'm not looking at Santa look!
And this is when Mommy walked away...

So needless to say tomorrow will be interesting. I promise photographic evidence of the event...good or bad! Friday we have a work lunch with friends that the whole family is attending and should be fun! And finally, Saturday we have our first Christmas celebration of the season at my Dads! I made a new Christmas candy recipe that I can't wait to share with you, but I'm waiting on a taste test from outside sources before I share. Hopefully by the end of the week you'll get to see the yummy goodness I made with scrap goodies from my kitchen :) Also more of our makeovers will be coming soon, I just need to get actual pictures (not on my iphone) and with the house clean! I also have a few crafts in the works...so stay tuned!!

Now lastly, to explain the title of this post! Emilie's vocabulary is growing by the day (lately by the hour!)!! She came in this morning to tell me she was going to go take a bath (Daddy does her bath every morning), I said "ok, have fun" and her response was... "bye Momma, see you in a bit, c-ya, later Mom"...ummm...WHAT?! Where did you learn all those versions of goodbye?! She cracks me up! I know, its something silly that only a Mommy cares about but it was cute enough to make me blog...so it was good for something! :)

1 comment: