Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy Birthday!!! To...ME!!!!

Ok, I know I promised to show our master bath makeover but honestly I haven't had the time to get the pics together and frankly the stats on the last two makeovers have been incredibly low compared to other recent ones...so I'm not in a big hurry. But I do promise to get to it in the next week or two, I know your dying to see what I meant by killing all the brass :)

Today is...

MY BIRTHDAY!!!

I don't usually like birthdays, in fact, I kinda dread them. It's not about the age thing, its about the anticipation and then let down. I know, poor pitiful me. I think it started with my 21st birthday. You know, the one that you get crazy excited for, its supposed to be a night of fun with all your friends?! Well...being in college with a birthday a week after Christmas meant 90-95% of my friends had gone home for Christmas break (apparently I had already come back) and weren't around to celebrate with and the few friends that stayed in town AND had already turned legal so we could go out together were all stuck at home because we had a HUGE ice/snow storm the day before. Welcome to living in Northern Kansas!!! I loved every moment at KU, I loved living in Lawrence, but the winter weather was less than fun at times. So I ended up spending the night alone in my apartment iced in. Awesome!! LOL Anyways, since then I've kinda had a sour taste in my mouth about birthdays and nothing until now has been quite enough to shake it. But today was AWESOME!!!!

The hubby did an amazing job surprising me (even with the two year old tattle tale who ratted him out before I figured out what was going on, lol). I don't normally like surprises, but this was the kind I can enjoy. Harmless fun. I woke up to this...


Ok so the kitchen's a hot mess after the hubs staying up until 2 a.m. to quietly bake and ice a cake without waking his girls, but I could easily look past that. He made me a birthday cake and had a little gift for me. Which was not allowed because he blew the budget at Christmas, but when has he listened?! LOL

Help blowing out the candles :) I'm guessing he couldn't find the right numbers for the candles but his reasoning was I was his "perfect 10" ha! But super sweet!

Cake for breakfast was a huge hit!!!

After breakfast we had a nice relaxing morning at home and then got cleaned up and went to split a burger at our favorite local burger joint. It was AMAZING!!! Then we all came home and succumbed to a food induced coma...which was equally amazing! We planned to let Em ride her bike outside after nap but it just never quite warmed up enough so instead we gathered around the newly refinished coffee table and played as a family for a while. After a bit we got ready and headed out for dinner at P.F. Changs. One of my favorite restaurants and quickly becoming a birthday tradition (as 3 out of my last 4 birthday dinners have been there).

My cutie ready to go :)

We had a nice dinner with my inlaws, aunt, and cousin. We enjoyed all of our favorite appetizers, split a few entrees and then dug into the Great Wall of Chocolate! Have you ever had this thing? If not you MUST!!! This is a web image I just found because I was in too much of a hurry to EAT IT to take a picture...
I won't lie...I ate half of one myself! It's incredible. We got two for the table and Braden got something else he was dying to try. It's my favorite restaurant dessert anywhere and I get it once a year on my birthday...so I feel no guilt for eating as much as I did...maybe except for the fact that I've not quite come down off my sugar high to go to bed, lol!

Pretty birthday flowers from my inlaws!

Overall it was a great and very special birthday. I think it's renewed my faith in birthdays! I'm so grateful to have such a loving husband and family to make today great!!

One more year to 30!

Let's make it good!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that B made your birthday so special! and I'm glad Yi-Yi could make it, I wasn't sure when we talked. What a great birthday for you! I'm so happy!

    ReplyDelete