Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The final countdown



Yep...I did that. I created a countdown. Why? Honestly my reasoning is a bit off. I was having a bad day at work and wanted to know how many days until I get a two month (unpaid) work vacay!! Sick huh?? On this particular day I was deserving my break. Now I completely understand that it will be no vacation, it will be two months of sleep deprivation, exhausting, JOY, and stress...but it will be MY stress! My family stress. No clients, deadlines, bosses or co-workers to bug me. Ok...one co-worker will bug me...but she's allowed :)

Now wasn't it just last week that I posted something about 75 days until baby?? And obviously days have passed since then but even so opening up the countdown to show we're now under 70 days gave me a mini-heart-attack!! The days are definitely passing and it won't be long before I get to share a picture of my beautiful baby boy with you all! As we get into the last final bit I'm starting to ready things. Little things that don't probably won't matter but make me feel more prepared. Like yesterday, I went and treated myself to two pairs of pretty pajama pants at Old Navy (I bought them slightly big but not huge, they aren't low waist so they will go above my incision nicely). They are pretty colors and I have tanks and hooded jackets (lightweight) that will be perfect to complete the outfit while still providing comfort and easy access to nurse Landon. I know some people wear the gown until the moment they check out, for various reasons. But when I had Emilie I felt so BLAH in the hospital, so this time I'm prepared with my cute pajama/outfits and a new pretty robe from my Mama. I packed bobby pins and ponytail holders because I'm not delusional enough to think I'll "do" my hair, but I can make it presentable. And I will be forcing myself to put a little makeup on each day. Look better to feel better!!!! This probably won't happen the first day, I'll be stuck in the bed/gown for 24 hours after surgery on the epidural so I can't pretend I'll look cute. But I'm also not allowing many visitors that day so it shouldn't be a problem. But as soon as they remove my catheter and epidural on Wednesday I'm going to take a shower and get myself presentable! Hold me to it!!

I've half packed my hospital bag! At the urging of a friend who was right last time, so I started packing it when she started urging this time. I have my robe, nursing stuff, toiletries (sample sizes), spare hair brush, hair items, and new pj's ready to go. The tops aren't in there yet because they are items I'm currently using, but as it warms up I'll be able to throw them in.

Starting next week as I make big meal items I intend to make an extra meal (double the recipe) and put it in our freezer. I'm hoping by the time baby arrives to have a handful of freezer meals ready to go for days we need them.

I still haven't bought the items I need for the baby but am giving myself until March before I have to figure that one out. February's extras budget will be going to new blinds for his room (and the final other two) so that he has working blinds. Then come March I can start purchasing items we need. It's just how it is and we should have plenty of time!

Now here's my funny. I think I've written about how I like to plan...but God's plans usually are a bit different than my own. My Mom mentioned the other day just how "easy" our plan was for Landon's arrival. They've got their hotel room booked for my hospital stay, my aunt is lined up to come stay with Emilie, everything is just ready to go on April 9th. Um...uh oh...that's really well planned... I'm just not going to say anything else about that, but if you remember how well planning works for me...well you get the point!

1 comment:

  1. I cracked up when I read about the co-worker bugging you!! Seriously, Shorty looked at my funny. And I'm so very glad that you have the hospital bag almost packed. That makes ME feel so much better. LOL. and, stop jinxing yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete