Monday, January 14, 2013

Life with a two year old is...

AWESOME!!!!!

It's seriously awesome. Yes, she's more opinionated, yes sometimes she pushes my buttons (she IS two!) but 98% of the time she is a dream to be around! I love it. I'd always heard of the "terrible two's" and so far they really haven't been bad at all, we're only half way through though and I've actually heard that three is worse...so we'll see!! I bet for us, three actually is worse, because she'll be having to share Mommy and not used to that.

Yea...I'm just going to pretend that's not going to be an issue for a few more weeks.

What's hilarious to me is that when Em was an infant...I LOVED having an infant! I was having so much fun with my little baby. Then when she was a creeper, I LOVED having a creeper, it was even better. I have truly loved every phase of my little girls life and each one has been better than the last. So while in another year I'll think 3 1/2 is better than where we are today...I LOVE having a two year old!

This is Emilie after I was trying to take a picture on friday to finish her most recent photo book. She literally climbed up on the table and said "my turn Mommy, take MY picture!"

Those beautiful big brown eyes get me every time! They really do, she is insanely hard to say no to!!

So these are just a few of the silly things she's done recently that make me laugh:

1- Today as I was running out the door to head to the Dr for my nasty glucose test (BLEH) she says, "Bye Mommy, drive safe!" HA! Seriously?! Apparently I say that a lot when people leave!

2- I find it hilarious that she will change the subject if we even think about discussing pottying in the big girl potty but she will run and hide to do her business. So if you're in my house and see her in her playhouse or her tent -- beware! The area is probably about to be fumigated!

Seriously...my two year changes the subject!
Tonights convo went a little something like this as I changed her diaper.
Me: "Em, I think you should go teetee and poop in the big girl potty, not in your diaper anymore"
Em: "Um...I want my monkey pajamas, not the hearts"
Sigh...happens every time!

3- If she really wants something (like candy) she will climb up very close to you and WHISPER it in your ear. Its precious! And again, very hard to say no to! And its continued because she's smart and it WORKS!

4. She is a sponge! Be careful what you say near her because she is using language I have no idea where she gets (not talking profanities, I mean grown up words I wouldn't expect to come flying out of my two year olds mouth!) And making connections. Like today when I yelled at Abbey and Em was across the house I heard..."ooooh Daddy, Abbey's in big trouble!" For a little girl that's never been in "big trouble" I couldn't help but laugh from across the house that she'd made that connection.

5. Tonight after I got her in her pajamas I said, "ok Em...what's next" "Oooh Mommy (exasperated with me), I get three books and we read books" So I went to get her milk and we sat down to read. She will quietly sit through long books and enjoy them and then after the last one she said "Ooookay, its time for bed" and got up to go to her room! LOVE IT!

Ok...I do realize none of these things are earth shattering things my two year old is doing, they aren't probably even that funny to most. But that little brown eyed girl lights up my life, she makes me laugh at every turn. And she is sooo compassionate. If I'm upset or if a friend is upset, she immediately runs to hug them. So I'll say it now like I did at every other phase...two and a half IS my favorite age thus far! I love it. She is sooo much fun right now!

But just in case I missed some fun along the way...we're about to do it ALL OVER AGAIN!! This time with a boy...oh my this Momma is in for trouble!! I have no idea what to do with a boy. NO IDEA!

1 comment:

  1. awesome! I've said that all along about Mr. T, I've loved every phase more than the last one!

    ReplyDelete